Personal Trainer - Oakland & Berkeley
The YMCA of the East Bay, one of the largest YMCA’s in the country, located in the San Francisco Bay Area and headquartered in Oakland, California is looking for personal trainers for the Oakland YMCA and the Downtown Berkeley YMCA. We are looking for energetic, outgoing team players to provide expert fitness instruction and personal attention to members in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement.
- Help clients set and meet specific goals to improve their fitness by designing and implementing customized personal training programs based on the specific needs of the client.
- Demonstrate proper, safe and effective exercise technique, as well as provide feedback, corrections and modifications to accommodate differing fitness levels and injuries/medical conditions.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients and respond to inquiries. Market the personal training program as required to members and meet program goals.
- Maintain working knowledge of fitness trends and equipment to provide effective information and support to members.
- Maintain safe fitness center environment and report damaged equipment.
- Maintain accurate records as required.
- Maintain all relevant certifications, including first aid related and professional exercise certifications.
- Maintain professional appearance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Actively participate in workshops, trainings and staff meetings as directed by the supervisor.
- Follow all YMCA policies and procedures, such as emergency respondent protocol.
- Supports the COVID-19 safety protocols to ensure the safety of staff, members and participants.
- Current certification(s) from a relevant nationally recognized personal training organization, such as ACSM, NASM, ACE and/or YMCA equivalent
- One year of fitness related experience
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications, such as Red Cross and American Heart Association
- Ability to teach and design programs using free weights, variable resistance, flexibility exercise and cardiovascular equipment
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job
- At least 18 years of age
Part-time and full-time positions available. Salary starting at $25/hr DOE.
Please submit your resume for the Oakland YMCA to Vanessa Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org and for the Downtown Berkeley YMCA to Katy Yates at email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.