Towel and Custodial Representative
- Provide exemplary customer service to members and program participants to create a welcoming environment. Respond to members’ requests and questions in a helpful, courteous manner or refer to another staff member.
- Collect, wash, fold and dispense towels to their required locations. Manage the process so that towel supply remains available at all times.
- Perform light custodial tasks to ensure that locker rooms remain neat and clean, including the collection of discarded towels and trash.
- Maintain awareness of environment in order to report and respond to suspicious and inappropriate behavior, safety issues and emergency situations.
- Assist in keeping general areas clean, including sweeping, mopping, trash collection and the general upkeep and organization of the fitness areas.
- Attend required branch and in-service trainings.
- Assist other staff when necessary, such as emergency situations and community events.
- Perform other duties as required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties; must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to perform essential care and maintenance of facility which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi–reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs
- Ability to stand on concrete floors for 1 hour at a time
- Ability to use and tolerate the safe use of cleaning chemicals used in the laundry process
- Visual, auditory and physical ability to complete all stages of the laundry process
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Functional Expertise
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- At least 16 years of age
- Evening and weekend availability preferred
Applicants can send their resume and application (see Careers page) to Hagerey Berhe at email@example.com