Member Services Representative
These general functions will be carried out in keeping with the Goals, Policies and Mission of the YMCA of the East Bay. Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships and completes appropriate documentation, paperwork and data entry for sales; handles all monetary transactions according to protocol.
- Builds exceptional relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies YMCA policies and protocols dealing with member services or any emergencies.
- May hand out locker keys and towels; may monitor the locker rooms as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Communication and Influence
- Functional Expertise
- 1 year of experience in serving customers, sales or related field
- Excellent relationship building and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
- segments of the community
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED and First Aid
Please send your resume, cover letter, and application (download on main Careers page) to Kaylan LiCausi at email@example.com