Manager on Duty
- Act as the “department supervisor” for all departments in the absence of any other higher-ranking director or coordinator.
- Ensure the safe conduct of all staff, members and participants and professionally engages with same when observing undesirable behaviors. Proactively utilize high standards of communication to resolve conflict and address problems to ensure overall member satisfaction. Communicate with appropriate Directors for any needed follow up.
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback to staff and communicates with Department Director about staff performance.
- Provide tours and sell memberships as needed.
- Work with other lead staff to assure that all staff members have the necessary information to successfully serve members and guests.
- Serve as first point of contact for all membership-related concerns; following up with the proper department head.
- Respond to emergencies, incidents and accidents using YMCA procedures and completing incident reports. Ensure that appropriate care and follow-up is given to all affected staff, members and/or participants.
- Maintain security and ensure building is properly alarmed at all times.
- Perform essential maintenance duties and troubleshooting to assist and solve building issues in all areas including aquatic areas.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Physically perform all skills required of a manager on duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position
- Must occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Visual ability to clearly monitor activities
- Mobility to quickly respond to emergencies
- Developing Self and Others
- Emotional Maturity
- Communication and Influence
- High school graduate or GED; one year or more of college preferred
- One year of customer service/sales experience
- One year of related experience in a supervisory role preferred
- High level verbal and written skills which embody professionalism, diplomacy and clarity
- If required, obtain Certified Pool/Spa Operator certification
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications, such as Red Cross and American Heart Association
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job
To apply, please submit an application (found on Careers home page), resume, and cover letter to email@example.com