Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
Love swimming? Like working with kids? Come be a lifeguard or swim instructor at the Downtown Berkeley YMCA!
NO EXPERIENCE OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED. We will train you.
The Downtown Berkeley YMCA is a high energy, innovative neighborhood leader in programs that improve our communities’ health & well-being with diversity in mind. We are 100,000 square foot fitness facility with 3 indoor pools and over 12,000 members. Our pools are open 7 days a week for our members and programs. We are currently hiring part-time lifeguards and/or swim instructors. You don’t need a certification - we will train you. We are looking for responsible, reliable, energetic individuals who can work 6-25 hours/week in a fast-paced, diverse environment.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Demonstrate ability to swim in shallow & deep water as well as tread water
- Excellent customer service skills
- Patience and ability of communicate with members of all ages and backgrounds
- Professional demeanor-punctual and consistent
- Lifeguard candidates must be available for training dates in August
Compensation: $14.00-$16.00 DOE
Free YMCA membership included.