Center Director - Woodland, CA, Early Childhood Impact
We are seeking a Center Director for our Early Childhood Impact Branch for Woodland, CA.
YMCA Early Childhood Impact has a long tradition of delivering comprehensive and high quality programs and services that foster healthy development and nurture the potential of every child. Serving low-income children and their families in Alameda, Contra Costa, Sacramento and Yolo Counties, this comprehensive child development program provides health, nutrition, educational, social, and emotional services. YMCA Early Childhood Impact programs promote school success and family involvement and reflect the cultural diversity of our participants.
Center Directors are responsible for the day-to-day operations at the center they oversee, including family support and outreach. This includes implementation of Head Start Performance Standards, Community Care Licensing Regulations, and standards set by the California Department of Education.
This position is responsible for the training, supervision, and guidance of all teaching staff at the center. Other responsibilities include maintaining proper adult-child ratios at all times, conducting regular monitoring to ensure that program policies and procedures are being followed, and assisting program Managers in coordinating services that are beneficial to the children and families enrolled.
A Center Director is a dynamic person who knows the community and is able to facilitate the professional development of the staff as well as relate to and support the children and families in being successful.
Effective communication skills, oral and written are essential to the position, as well as efficiency and the ability to manage a fast-paced work environment.
- Minimum A.A degree in Early Childhood Education or Human Development with 6 units in Administration.
- Current Child Development Site Supervisor or Program Director permit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word programs.
- At least two years full time experience as an administrator in a publicly funded child development program, in a supervisory capacity.
- At least three years full time experience as a teacher in a publicly funded child development program.
- Bilingual/Biliterate- Spanish/English Required
- Pre-employment physical examination and TB clearance.
- Proof of immunization for Measles, Pertussis and Flu
- Current certificates for Pediatric First Aid and CPR, including a total of 15 hours of preventative health and safety training, or completion of this training within 90 work days of hire.
- LiveScan and criminal record clearance.
- Based on education and experience.
Please submit the following to Socorro Robles at Education@ymcaeastbay.org. Applications submitted without the follow will not be considered:
- YMCA Application located at https://www.ymcaeastbay.org/careers
- Copy of degrees
- Copy of permits
- Transcripts for college coursework (official or unofficial)
Final Closing Date: March 8th 2019