On Call Staff - Licensed School Age Child Care Program
Be a part of something bigger
Children are like sponges -- absorbing knowledge, skills and values from everything and everyone around them. At the Y, we believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life and future success. Most importantly, children learn how to be their best selves. The Y wants to help you be your best self, too. When you come to work at the Y, you will have an impact on the life of children in your community every day.
The YMCA of the East Bay is looking for ON – CALL Teachers & Teacher Aides for our licensed child care sites located in Albany, Fremont, Mt. Diablo, San Ramon & Castro Valley.
On call positions require availability of a minimum of 2 days per week, mornings and/or afternoons.
- Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications set by Community Care Licensing
- Have a current Child Development Teacher Permit or 12 core semester units in early childhood education/development
- Have at least 1 year teaching experience in a professional child care or school age program
- Must be 18 years old and have previous experience working with youth
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Pass a pre-employment health screening and TB clearance.
- Have current certificates for Pediatric First Aid and CPR, including a total of 15 hours of preventative health and safety training or completion of this training within 90 days of hire
- Live Scan fingerprint and criminal record clearance
Benefits of Working at the Y:
- Competitive wages & free YMCA gym membership to all Y facilities in the Bay Area
How to Apply
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com