Zumba, Kickboxing, Pilates, and Step Instructors
The Albany Y is looking for for Zumba Instructors, Kickboxing Instructors, Pilates Instructors, and Step Instructors! Learn more below, and interested applicants can email Health and Fitness Director, Dale Rowley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide highly engaging fitness instruction to members of all fitness levels in group workouts and workshops.
- Provide instruction to members on the safe use of all equipment and workouts.
- Assists in fitness program and workshop design.
- Responsible for setting up fitness orientations/coaching sessions for members.
- Engage by greeting members and providing quality member service.
- Maintain high standards of communication with supervisor, members, staff and volunteers.
- Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of all facility and equipment in the Fitness Centers.
- Responsible for recording information as needed.
- Respond to emergencies as needed.
- Attend all department staff meetings and trainings specified by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Physically perform all skills required of a Group Exercise Instructor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities
- Must occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Frequent bending & standing
- Visual ability to clearly monitor activities
- Mobility to quickly respond to emergencies
- Ability to project, communicate and queue effectively
- Functional Expertise
- Communication and Influence
- Current certification(s) from a relevant nationally recognized fitness training organization, such as ACSM, NASM, ACE and/or YMCA equivalent
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications, such as Red Cross and American Heart Association
- Ability to teach and design programs using props, weights, variable resistance, and other class-related equipment
- Completion of YMCA safety certifications must be accomplished within 60 days of hire
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse people from all social and economic segments of the community
- At least 18 years of age