Join Our Team · Overnight Camps
Make a Difference at Camp
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. Childhood is a very special time and overnight camp experiences create memories that will last a lifetime. Working at a Y camp, you’ll be a positive role model who helps kids learn values, improve personal relationships, become more independent, appreciate diversity and develop into strong leaders. It is our goal that every camper has a positive experience and is empowered to be a healthy, confident, connected and secure child.
Our summer resident camps are designed to give all campers the opportunity to make new friends, develop self-confidence, and to experience adventures they wouldn’t normally get to have at home. YMCA Camp Ravencliff is more rustic. We swim and canoe in the Eel River and there is no electricity in the cabins, which really lets the campers unplug. At YMCA Camp Loma Mar, we wade in the creek, swim in the pool and have electricity in our cabins. Loma Mar campers also enjoy challenging themselves on the climbing wall and zip line.
Who We Seek
We are looking for individuals who model the YMCA’s core values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring. Applicants should be passionate about our program goals.
YMCA Camping Services Program Goals
As a result of their experience at Y Camp, campers will:
- Use more positive, specific and supportable words to describe themselves than they did when they arrived
- Learn life skills, in addition to specific skills, in every activity in which they participate
- Learn more about their outdoor world and practice taking care of it
- Develop an appreciation of their role in a living group
- Learn to build strong relationships with people they didn’t know before they arrived, in addition to friends and family they may have come to camp with
- Increase their creativity with use of their imagination
- Have an understanding and appreciation for healthy lifestyles
Candidates who are offered positions will be placed at the camp where their unique skills and talents will make the biggest impact.