Member Policies · YMCA of the East Bay
We are happy to have a healthy place for our members to come and exercise and engage in their community. We anticipate that our members will support our mission by understanding that membership at the YMCA of the East Bay is a privilege. To maintain our Y as a healthy and safe place for all, members and guests must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of our Y and to adhere to the Y’s Code of Conduct. If behaviors are not respectful, the YMCA of the East Bay reserves the right to revoke, suspend or refuse membership at its sole discretion. Failure to follow YMCA policies and procedures is grounds for membership termination without refund. The YMCA of the East Bay reserves the right to take pictures and/or video of its participants for brochures, publications, website and other marketing purposes. If you would prefer not to be photographed, please stop by your local branch and let us know in writing.
YMCA members are encouraged to bring friends to increase community awareness of the YMCA. For safety reasons, all guests must leave photo identification at the Membership Desk. The Y has the right to refuse access to guests without photo identification. all guests are required to be accompanied by their sponsoring Y member while in the facility.
- Each member is allowed no more than 3 guests per visit.
- Each adult member is allowed 3 free guest passes per month after which each guest will be charged the guest fee (see below).
- Each guest is allowed 3 free visits per year. After 3 free visits, guests are encouraged to join or may use the facility at the guest fee rate (see below).
- Teen Members are not allowed to bring guests.
- Preschool/Youth 1–12 yrs: $2
- Teen 13–17 yrs: $5
- A.W.A.Y. members: $5
- Adult 18 and over: $10
Code of Conduct
The YMCA is an inclusive organization that strives to create an environment where all people feel welcome, comfortable and secure. Therefore, we have adopted the following code of conduct that applies to everyone at our facilities and while participating in our YMCA sponsored programs both on- and off-site.
Individuals are expected to:
- Uphold the YMCA core values of caring, respect, responsibility and honesty.
- Follow facility usage and safety rules.
- Maintain an atmosphere free of derogatory or unwelcome comments, conduct or actions.
- Maintain an atmosphere free of negative behavior focused on another’s sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- Be respectful and cooperative with YMCA staff and fellow participants.
The following are not acceptable in YMCA facilities and programs:
- Abusive, harassing, intimidating or obscene language or gestures
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior, any sexual contact with another person
- Threats of harm, physical aggression or violent acts
- Clothing, signs, symbols, jewelry, tattoos or anything visible that conveys a message of hate, exclusion, intimidation, threat or violence
- Weapons of any kind
- Smoking on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment
- Damaging or defacing YMCA property
- Possession, sale, use or being under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances
- Offensive and unlawful conduct
- Loitering or Solicitation within or on the grounds of the YMCA
The YMCA of the East Bay is a membership organization and we reserve the right to deny access and/or remove anyone from any program or premises at any time. Failure to follow the YMCA of the East Bay Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary actions, which may include immediate eviction from the premises, loss of privileges and suspension or termination of membership. The YMCA may contact security, police or other authorities for assistance or to take appropriate legal action. We encourage individuals who experience or observe inappropriate conduct to promptly report their concerns to YMCA staff. We will make every effort to ensure that reports are investigated and resolved promptly and effectively.