Conferences, Retreats & Celebrations · Camp RavencliffLooking for a quiet, unique, natural and memorable environment for a group retreat or outdoor education experience? YMCA Camp Ravencliff may be just the perfect spot! Located in Redway, in Southern Humboldt County, YMCA Camp Ravencliff offers a rustic, serene environment to relax, rejuvenate and be inspired by nature.
Ravencliff is simple and rustic. The heart of life at Ravencliff is an awareness and appreciation of the outdoors. Ravencliff is best used for outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, boating, nature study, camp craft skills, sports and games, arts & crafts using local materials, and campfire programs. It is an ideal retreat setting for anyone with a little sense of adventure.
YMCA Camp Ravencliff is available for rent for limited dates in the spring, summer and fall. Our indoor and outdoor facilities can accommodate 20 to 110 people. Renting the camp gives you full, exclusive access to camper and staff cabins, the lodge, dining hall and kitchen, campfire, chapel and the upper field. You are welcome to use our sports equipment and canoes (lifeguard required). To keep our rental fees affordable, you must supply your own staff and supplies (including food, toiletries, cleaning supplies).
- Camper cabins: 10 fully enclosed cabins with 10 bunks with mattresses and cubbies, as well as a picnic table. Cabins do not have heat or electricity. Another camper cabin has 8 beds. There are also a number of smaller staff cabins.
- Forestry cabin: sleeps 3 to 4 and has electricity.
- Nurse’s cabin: two rooms, each sleeps two people; toilet, sink, shower and electricity.
- High Voltage cabin: (no danger, just named for a sign placed on its wall): sleeps 2 to 4 people and has electricity. This is one of the oldest buildings in the camp.
- Headquarters building: front office area and a bedroom that sleeps 2 to 3. It has electricity and a sink.
Flush toilets and shower room with hot water, are situated in the middle of the camper cabins. Separate facilities for males and females. There is a half-bathroom in the main lodge and a staff shower in a separate building on the main program level of camp.
Kitchen and Dining
A large, fully stocked,
- Ravencliff features a large indoor lodge that can seat 40 comfortably in a circle, up to 70 in rows. The Arts & Crafts cabin can accommodate 10 to 12 people, and has an outer porch as well.
- The campfire area is an amphitheatre with log benches that seat up to 100, and a small stage, as well as a permanent fire pit. The backdrop of river and cliffs creates a dramatic setting for skits and musical programs.
- A short walk along the riverbank leads to the chapel grove, a special place among tall trees for quiet reflection and inspirational gatherings. It contains log benches that seat up to 100 and a speaker's podium. There is also a very large upper field for gatherings and recreation.
YMCA Camp Ravencliff also sits on one of the best swimming holes on the Eel River. Weather and river conditions permitting, groups may use the waterfront and the YMCA's canoes if you provide a certified lifeguard. The large backwoods area is a great place for hiking.