For Students · YMCA at Camp Arroyo
We can’t wait to see you at the YMCA East Bay Outdoor School at Camp Arroyo.
We have a lot of great activities in store for you so get ready for fun! Here is everything you need to know to prepare for coming:
Structure of the Day:
- Check out a typical schedule for our program.
- Lessons are outside with small groups of classmates called Adventure Groups (or AGs, for short). These AGs are led by our amazing instructors we call Naturalists.
- After lessons, usually you'll have some Recreation Time. There will be an Outdoor School staff person around to make sure you have a good time, but you get to organize your own activities during this time. Note, if you are coming in May, June, September, or October, you may have a chance to swim; the rest of the year, it is too cold to go swimming (sorry!).
- Each night, our evening programs include something special and little different, sometimes we lead night walks, perform skits (short, fun plays), and sing songs.
- At the end of each day, you'll head to your comfortable cabins with friends from your Cabin Group.
Accommodations & Food
Each cabin has its own bathroom, heat | air-conditioning and comfortable mattresses. Each morning, you'll help clean up your cabin and have a chance to earn some cabin awards when you come to mealtime.
Food our wonderful kitchen staff have made in the past include: spaghetti with meatballs, tacos, chicken fingers, burgers, pancakes, waffles, sandwiches and so much more than we can list here! If you can't eat certain items, don't worry! We always have a few things to pick from.
Packing List & Getting Ready to Come
Please have your parents read the information on the Parent/Guardian Information page. Check out the packing list to make sure you have everything you need on your trip. Other than that, all you have to do is bring a bottle of water, a big appetite and a sense of adventure!!!